Bets for 24th September 2017
Wanted to run through 2 bets I’m making and why today.
1.) Cricket – India ML
So this was an in-play bet when Australia (the opposition) had made 240/4. The price I got was around -120 although I’m sure you could get better.
The reasons for this bet was as follows:
- India are a better team currently than Australia and the -120 odds.
- They are on incredible form.
- Their strength is in batting and not bowling. Meaning if they need to chase down anything under 280 they should easily be able to achieve this 2 out of every 3 times. Translating this to odds we are looking at anything under -150 as good odds.
- Australia are missing some key bowlers – Namely Stark. He’s a great bowler but not playing in this game.
- Australia’s tail order aren’t great – As a result they aren’t going to explode in the last few overs and get up over 320/330. Meaning we won’t get a better price than -110 range.
All these reasons as a result mean this is a 1 unit play. Another day this could potentially be a two unit play but in this case I haven’t had enough time to actually analyse the situation so it’s just 1 unit today.
Update: Australia finished up with 293. Slightly more than I wanted (280 range would have been perfect) but still looking good.
2.) Ice Hockey – British Elite League – Sheffield/Belfast Over 5.5
System play based on a back-to-back system we’ve built for British ice hockey. These are 2 good teams and at -115 for the over on a back-to-back this gets 1.15 units.